25/04/2016

BroDynamics is out



Get it on gumroad!
After some time of searching the web for something like good-old Spring Magic for 3ds max, or any other quick and universal secondary-motion solution, I decided to write my own.
It is a part of my own toolkit, which I conveniently called “BroTools” just for the fun of it, but I decided to go further with this prefix and called it BroDynamics.

With a click of a button it can temporary add a simulation dynamics based on nHair to any rig, any selection of objects, bake it on controls, and clean up after itself. Without breaking rigs. Working with referenced rigs.


Recommended use include: Tails, hair, tentacles. It can also be used with any FK hierarchy, which is recommended, but it works with almost any type of hierarchy really. 



So, for example, if you’re an animator who wants to spend more time on creative process and acting of the animation, and less time on routine animator-tasks like creating secondary motion to all those tails, long bunny-ears, tentacles, etc., – this tool is for you.

I’m already using it in my every-day work, so you can expect regular updates, at least for some time.
Currently I plan to add more simulation options to the UI, maybe making it possible to preview the simulation before baking it on controls.


Copied from my site's blog: http://nixes.ru/?p=383

No comments:

Post a Comment